Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Even more musings

SIGH. Scrabble is unfair.

61.5% record in majors but never in the top 3. Twice I lost out on spread. Nothing much u can do about those unwinnables. Tony had a 73.5% record and was 1st, 1st and 2nd.

I've been mired in the high 1800s for too long. I know the rating system is screwed but still..I frankly need a breakthrough tourney. Now that the ratings are a tad more balanced, the time may just be right..

Not a great deal of interesting games this year. Only like 1.67 bingos a game but my non-bingo scoring is stronger than ever. In first 4 games of nats, opp. bingoed first every time but I had 89, 90, 91, 96 pts in first 3 moves. I ended up winning 3 of those games. Even Marlon challenged my BOV(A)TES (48) (kept A !!)

Highest bingo this year: 176 against Bro. Arun (he was apparently rather displeased after finding it was good, whats more it was played through a Y of all letters)
Highest score:619 against Ricky, still stands as the only 600+ score in Div A in 2006. How could Gan have ALIQUOTS(208) and not hit 600..
HIGHEST SPREAD: 356 against Sarah(I think ricky's +380 against Dorai is higher)
best finish: 3rd..ugh

sigh

4 comments:

merlion said...

There were actually 4 majors - MC,LBH,SO,Nat. Stats need to be revised.

Hubert wee said...

Counted MC already, but it is down on my list for its lack of prizes.

sean collum said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

creepy....