Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Sin' Open report (continued)

So, this will be the last detailed report until Bangkok. Until then, keep your fingers crossed.

Do comment if you have read.

Game 3 vs Philip

Expecting a fairly easy game, but it is anything but. He starts with DUTY, Y on star. I have ACEEKXY and play CAKEY/ED/YU, missing an optimal play also using the same tiles. Thought of setting up KYU but probably won't work out as there are many As left. He returns with THE(27), blocking my nice -II bingo (which I won't say). Dump XI, he gets BLUIEsT(66). I play VOWEL(S) (22), not that I needed any. He plays GLEAM(24) and MIAOUED(22). I start picking a long string of vowels. With AEIILON, fish IO twice. Later he gets REQuITES(84). I am already trailing by 100+.. I later get down TZIGANES(107), shocking him but still lose.

L 371-417

Game 4 vs Victor

At 1-2. It's time to make a comeback. Open with the blockish CWM/AIRT. He returns with CUB(13). I get no blanks this game but have 3 naturals ARIETTE(72), ETALONS(72) and FORTIES(70). Lose a turn trying INHEDED* or might have reached 500. He is fortunate to get RESTING(90), AZO(34) and AQUAE(47) all at the end

W 461-412

Game 5 vs Jessie

Overdraw first move, but she fails to extract the blank from my rack. Too bad. Reply her GAILY(26) with YEASTING(67), the only bingo. I later get IMPRINT(76) JETON(36), APEX(42) and LUETICS(77). She has no reply. Have AEERNST at the end but nothing will fit.

W 461-311

Game 5 vs Tony.

Hands down, my best game of the tournament. I start with the lacklustre CDILNOR. Play CORNI (missing NORDIC/CODLIN). No matter. Tony plays YAUP(26) atop and I slap down TR(UN)DLING (65) in 5 seconds flat. Challenge..but it's good alright. My first 9-letter bingo with a 1 vowel rack. But he replies with ELATIOnS(78). I play HWAN(32), then BOTH(27) for him and DEBONES(83) for me. Having vowel drought, he plays RYE(18) and MOLA(12) next 2 turns. Later I get down AUR(IF)IED/V (48) and JOKE(50) to lead by 147. He attempts to set up a bingo later but to no avail.

W 512-428

Game 6 vs Marlon

Not a good game. Start with HQRRRXT and have to change keeping X. He starts with ENABLES(70). I reply with ENFIXI(N)G (71) which gets challenged, surprisingly. Next plays: me: WYE(32), OO(12), AMIDO(35), MILTZ(42), ZOEA(13), BOK(37). He later blocks my DRESSER/ZOEAE/DE with the sneaky UmANGITE.

L 355-474

Game 7 vs cheah

Start with 7 vowels, but play EAU/AVOW(13). Cheah was unable to score very well this game-166 pts in 7 moves, while i had JOY(31), ZONAE(48), INERTIAL(77). He had aSEPTICS(72) but I replied with DIORItE(70)

W 412-356

More games if there is further interest.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please do. [don't mention my phony please]

Hubert wee said...

I'm tired of writing reports. Maybe if 3 or more others say so

nibiew said...

Yes I'm interested... (I realise I have bad habits in real life play - no/little/failed tile tracking, forgetting to press the clock, not bothering to count score, don't record down racks for analysis later)

Weibin

jkqxz said...

I am interested too!

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»